Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google brings ‘Funding Choices’ ad messaging to more countries & adds subscription offer
Apr 16, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Launched last June, Google’s ‘Funding Choices’ platform was designed to help publishers recover lost revenue from ad-blockers.
- Last chance! MarTech kicks off one week from today
Apr 16, 2018 by Marketing Land
It’s finally here! MarTech® takes place next week — April 23-25 — in San Jose. If you’re responsible for leveraging marketing technology to drive growth, profitability and extraordinary customer experiences, you don’t want to miss this event! You’ll have a terrific experience at MarTech.
- Why publishers should be taking action on net neutrality
Apr 16, 2018 by Andy Evans
The repeal of net neutrality rules is set to take effect next week. Contributor Andy Evans believes independent publishers will suffer a blow and offers tips on what they can do in response.
- An expert on loyalty programs has a warning for blockchain startups
Apr 16, 2018 by Barry Levine
If you’re thinking of setting up a universal currency exchange for loyalty points, says a marketing exec, you’re working against the interests of brands.
- How GDPR may help drive blockchain usage for content
Apr 16, 2018 by Randy Apuzzo
Contributor Randy Apuzzo explains how blockchain for content can help build trust and transparency in the digital economy, in keeping with the spirit of GDPR.
- Solving for cross-device complexity with multi-touch attribution
Apr 13, 2018 by Chuck Moran
Multi-touch attribution isn’t new, but technological advances have brought it within reach and made it more important than ever, says contributor Chuck Moran.
- Where software innovation is needed today: Martech
Apr 13, 2018 by Rob Rasko
While there are clear leaders in software for publishers and agencies, contributor Rob Rasko says marketers still need an end-to-end solution to unify their activities.