It’s natural to compare yourself to others, but we want to teach you how to interrupt that pattern and use that habit to propel your business further and deeper into the results you actually want.
Does your social media feed leave you feeling jealous, doubtful, isolated and unworthy, rather than inspired, motivated and connected?
Often our fears and the need for acceptance come into play with comparisons – comparing ourselves to others and using that as a measuring stick for our own life and sense of self-worth.
But is this something we can change?
Today we want to break down what the comparison game means for modern business builders and how we can interrupt those patterns on social media to stop playing the comparison game and look deeply into our own goals, needs and wants.
We’re doing that today through a podcast episode because it allows us to go much deeper than a blog post that… let’s face it… you’d just scan anyways 🙂
In this episode we’re going to show you the antidote to the comparison game and how we can interrupt this age-old biological pattern in our brains and convert that energy into real results and progress. It’s time to stop bullying yourself and just do you!
“How to use the comparison game to your advantage instead of just feeling like a piece of sh*t”
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why the burden of comparison is one of the top three burdens in Fizzle. [0:06:30.0]
- How social media platforms can quickly leave us with despair and self doubt. [0:09:30.0]
- The danger of social media on business builders in the pursuit of goals. [0:12:15.0]
- Find out what the antidote is to the comparison game and negative emotions. [0:16:40.0]
- Avoiding the vanity metric, egos and making people think you’re hot sh*t! [0:19:20.0]
- How to recognize the comparison game emotion but not let it effect you. [0:20:50.0]
- Letting the work and lives of others inspire you rather than demotivate you. [0:24:20.0]
- Pattern Interrupt: Being aware of your emotions and converting them positively. [0:27:21.0]
- Why we need to become researchers, ask questions and study our social media. [0:47:05.0]
- An inspiring quote from Seth Godin about goals and why you need them. [0:49:50.0]
- FYI: You can comfortably pay your bills without being an internet celebrity. [0:56:50.0]
- Why you need to keep asking yourself: What do you want? [0:57:15.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil’ guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »