We launched the Accountability Indicators seven months ago demonstrating ICANN Organization’s continuing commitment to improve accountability and transparency. It is a dynamic and interactive web page that helps you track our progress against our strategic objectives by exploring various dimensions of our activities.
In previous blog posts we talked about the feedback from the community and how we are engaging through regular use of social media with the community about these accountability measurements.
Feedback in FY18 Q3
In the most recent quarter, we received feedback on the metric we published in Goal 1.1 relating to remote participation usage for ICANN Public Meetings. The feedback is about whether we could show the breakdown of on-site and off-site participation. Our Meeting Planning Operations team appreciates the feedback and is planning to look into the feasibility of generating this breakdown to help further improvements.
New Version (v1) in May 2018
Next month, we are working towards a version update of the Accountability Indicators. In addition to data and display improvements, v1 includes new charts to increase our accountability and transparency to the community. These new improve our transparency in two Strategic Goals so far, with more to come.
- Strategic Goal 3.3 “Develop a globally diverse culture of knowledge and expertise available to ICANN’s Board, organization, and stakeholders” has a new chart showing Nominating Committee regional and stakeholder diversity.
Upcoming improvements include:
- Strategic Goal 3.2 “Ensure structured coordination of ICANN’s technical resources” has several new charts:
- ICANN’s readiness for Universal Acceptance of domain names.
- The proportion of anycast instances of the Root Server operated by ICANN with IPv6 enabled.
- The proportion of domains in ICANN’s portfolio signed with DNSSEC.
- The proportion of ICANN org services with IPv6 enabled.
- Our annual assessment score against the Center for Internet Security Controls (CIS20) framework.
We have also been automating our data collection to further improve data integrity and reduce resource requirements.
We have started planning for the next version of Accountability Indicators. A key focus is to further improve our accountability and transparency. We look forward to sharing more with you soon.
We hope you find the new information useful. Your feedback is essential to help us better meet your needs. Please click on the feedback link at the top of each page to tell us what you like and where you’d like to see improvements.